Saturday 29 March 2008

WE LIFT EACH OTHERS' SPIRITS

Undoubtedly, there are a lot of things that we take for granted in this life, mostly simple things. Only today I had realised the REAL power of singing hymns. We admit that there are just some days when you feel so down. Well, today, Chris was feeling down about something and as we sat in the car, he told me how dreadful & terrible he felt. Obviously, he was uneasy. And, to be honest, I had no clue what else I could tell him to cheer him up and to lift up his mood. So, while quietly attempting to comfort him, I asked him, "do you wanna sing a hymn?" He said yes and I asked him to start singing a hymn that he felt like singing at that time. He started humming the hymn, "There Is Sunshine In My Soul Today." So, I followed along and hummed it with him. Then, as we went on to sing the next few verses, I started singing the words to the hymn, while he continues on humming with me. Moments later, I had realised that tears were already coming out from his eyes, running through his cheeks, down to the neck.

Sometimes, in life, the simplest things in the world are the ones that will help you get by a very distressing day. I remember when I was struggling through my days at work, all I needed was a big hug from my honey. And, I am proud to say that he has always been there to help me through my days, and has always given me those simple things that I needed in order to lift my spirits up. I am so blessed to have him.

Tonight, we attended a baptism at Church, and I did play the piano. After this day, I had thought more about how my talent in music influences the Spirit of the meeting. Of course, they're not gonna postpone the baptism if the pianist is not present. But, how better is the Spirit and the reverence if the music is present, and someone is playing the piano quietly while waiting for the meeting to start. So, from tonight, I had been a bit more grateful to my Heavenly Father about my talent and how I should make an effort to share it to other people...as Chris told me tonight, "Because I have been given much, I too must give." He told me that I will be blessed more if I give and share out whatever I have in my life. And, in those instances, you realise how blessed you are to have a spouse who encourages you and continues to make everyday a learning experience. And, before he left tonight, we prayed and promised each other that we're getting married in the Temple. Who wouldn't wanna be married to someone who lifts up your Spirit.

No comments: